Forget everything you knew about Microwave Alignment
The MW08 Microwave Path Alignment Tool is the aligning device of choice when measurement accuracy is crucial. All of Sunsight’s alignment products meet the needs of their defined applications, but periodically something special comes along that needs the extreme capability of the MW08. The MW08 has been used on various commercial and defense related special projects. Typically a semi-custom system is created by Sunsight based on the customer’s requirements. Many design configurations of the MW08 already exist, so the path to a customer’s specific application is usually short and cost effective.
Sunsight’s Microwave Path Alignment Kits have revolutionized how Microwave Antenna links are aligned. The Microwave Path Alignment Kits are self-contained alignment systems for aligning microwave links at any line-of-sight distance. These patented (US 9,781,233) systems calculate the required alignment, including both azimuth and elevation, in real-time using the exact GPS location of both ends of the microwave link.
Some of the advantages of the microwave path alignment products produced by Sunsight are that no active radio transmission is needed on the path being aligned, so removal of the radio or coax is not required. The kits are also completely frequency independent. They are an overlay solution working from the exact GPS locations of the antennas; each of the MW units automatically calculates the required azimuth and elevation. The two units included in the kit work in paired mode or independently, if required, to determine the required path parameters. You will no longer have to wait to find the RF signal from the other side, saving time, frustration, and resources. This state of the art Microwave Path Alignment Kit will take on your toughest path alignment jobs.
The MW08 Microwave Path Alignment Tools are also available for purchase in a single unit. The MW08 single unit offers all the same features as the kit and can perform the patented end-to-end alignment when paired with a second MW08 unit.
Key Features of the MW08 Microwave Path Alignment Kit:
- All-inclusive MW Kit includes two alignment units to allow simultaneous alignment of both sides of the link in minutes.
- The MW units can be used independently to align one end of the link at a time which creates flexible installation schedules for users.
- MW Kit software claculates the required path alignment automatically (target azimuth and elevation) which eliminates problems from data entry, incorrect path data sheets, or changing antenna locations.
- The MW08 solution is frequency and distance independent.
- Azimuth, elevation, height, location (Lat/Long), and photos are captured into reports for customer and government communication agency records.
- Designed with standard mounting points to facilitate creating custom mounting solutions.
- Has the flexibility to support custom requirements for customer software and packaging of the product.
- Reduces climber fatigue and time on tower. Faster and safer.
- Intuitive use of the kit. Both climbers are presented with target and actual alignment values and are able to view the remote end’s alignment progress as well.
- Google Earth reports are created and can be used to identify possible physical interference with link signals.
- Google Earth History feature allows user to look at potential physical link interference over time. Every time Google Earth is updated, the same Google Earth file can be used to identify potential new issues.
- Field Proven Toughness: solid powder coated aluminum housing, weather resistant (IP65)
- Measures AGL height if required (with laser rangefinder option).
- MW unit calibration can be done in the field by user in less than 2 minutes.
|Part Name:||MW08 Kit|
Description: MW08 Microwave Path Alignment Kit (Includes: 2 MW08 Units; 2 Hard Carrying Case p/n 7008, 2 IP68 Sunsight Rugged Tablets p/n 4200; 2 Universal Microwave Mounts p/n 2200)
|Part Name:||MW08 Single Unit|
Description: MW08 Microwave Path Alignment Single Unit (Includes: MW08 Unit; Hard Carrying Case p/n 7008, IP68 Sunsight Rugged Tablet p/n 4200; Universal Microwave Mount p/n 2200)
|Part Name:||Laser Rangefinder Kit|
Used to measure AGL Height.
Description: Laser Rangefinder Kit (Includes software activation and standard 2M cable p/n 3302)
|Part Name:||Azimuth Scope Kit|
For taking azimuth measurements with the AAT from the ground.
Description: Azimuth Scope Kit (Includes spotting scope, mounting bracket, case, and tripod*)
* Tripod not pictured
|Part Name:||Foreign Grid Bundle|
Grid Bundle Includes:
Part Number: 1201
Part Name: Activation of British National Grid
Part Number: 1202
Part Name: Activation of Irish Grid
Part Number: 1203
Part Name: Activation of French Lambert Grid
Part Number: 1204
Part Name: Activation of Dutch RD Coordinate System (Rijksdriehoekscoördinaten)
*All Grid Systems can be purchased individually